Stepping Up with Sachi

If I tried to predict my life ten years ago, I'm not sure I ever would have come close to imagining the blessed life that I have right now. Marriage, photography, and two little minions to do my bidding. Well, not quite. Over two years ago I was given the role of step-parent, and life gave me the choice to step-up, or step-down. With all the challenges that it brings to co-raise children who are not biologically your own, it also brings incredible rewards. I love every minute witnessing these children grow into young adults, and watching the world open up before their eyes. I may not be their parent, but I am their Friend, Rock and Role-model. 

Sachi and I have always had a strong bond, from the moment I arrived in the US. I think it's our introverted nature, we both understand each other. We can sit in silence, we can talk about animals, or she can stand on my feet as I walk around the house. Sometimes I feel like we are soul-siblings from the same galaxy. 

The other day as Amy took Nilaya off to take some photos, Sachi and I did the same. As we walked into the blazing afternoon sunlight we talked, laughed, meandered in silence.. and in that moment, as I took her photos, I realised that I had captured her forever. A young woman coming into being. 

>>> Ben (Steps) 




































































Comments

Popular Posts